Jan 24, 2012

Blonde, Feathers, && Tan


I often forget the fact I live in Florida and should be really tan. Well, let's not say "should be" because you shouldn't be anything you don't want to be, but I WANT to be. I love having a nice tan, it makes me look 100 times better and gives me more confidence because the sun does so much for looks; including - clearing skin, acne, makes pores less noticeable, gives it a natural looking glow, makes eyes appear brighter, etc. I used to tan so much in High School but I lived in a condo with access to a pool back then. Now, I have a back yard to lay a lawn chair in. That's not fun! And y'all outside of Florida are probably thinking "you live 10 minutes from the beach, go there". When you've lived on the beach your entire life, it seems like a chore to drive somewhere to get a tan! LOL but I'm going to stop thinking like that once Summer gets here, because I realize if I didn't live near a beach, I would be lost. I love the beach <3

 

As of right now, I'm really loving the really tan and really blonde look lately.. Like Kendra..


...or Malibu Barbie...

 

I guess I'm just lovin' the beach blonde look in general! 


So remember how a year ago these were the big thing? Feather hair extensions, oh my god I thought they were the ugliest thing ever. But now, I like them. I always like the styles when the whole era is over with.. I think it's because mentally I hate the idea of me following a trend but when it passes I have time to say "hey it's actually a cute idea". So now I like feather hair extensions. I like feathers in general all of a sudden. Feather tattoos, feather necklaces, feather earrings. I got a feather belly ring for Christmas and in my head was like "...what is this" but now I like it and think feathers aren't so awful after all!


What are your favorite looks lately?

8 comments:

Amanda Nicole said...

I love this post!!!! I'm so excited about it, haha. I live in MICHIGAN... our weather sucks. The summer can be nice but mostly the weather isn't my cup of tea. I tan year round because I feel so happy when I'm tan! I also just went back to being a blondie and I'm constantly called barbie... hence my blog name.. and I love feathers!!! I had them when everyone wasn't so sure about them.. and I had a ton.. mostly red and white since I'm a crazy wings fan. Tinsel extensions are fun too, I think they look best mixed with feathers!.. I don't care if something isn't "in style" I hate being like everyone else anyways :P

Val said...

I love being tan too!!!

Whitney Tomlin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Where in florida do you live? I live in Destin :)

A.B. said...

I love platinum highlights... I'm the same way with the feathers...HATED them at first, but now think they are cute. I get tired of the same thing day after day so I doubt they would last in my hair... But on other people, super cute.

Sara Lynn said...

I have been slowly but surely getting more and more blonde and more tan and I love the look on me! I feel so much more attractive so girl I get what you are saying!

Oh and the feather... I had one for a month and LOVED it!! It was such a fun accessory. I could hide mine or have it showing! So fun!

Nicole said...

Awesome post! Thanks for the comment! I am now following :)

Eugenia said...

Im from FL too :)

Eugene S said...

Hi, thanks for posting this.