Sep 26, 2012

Sponsor Spotlight: Caitlyn


It's Wednesday! Which means it's the middle of the Week. Which means it's almost Friday(: I have one more Sponsor here to share her story about Cancer & how it's effected her. This girl, like myself is only twenty years old, but is aware of what a horrible thing cancer is. She's aware of how bad it can hurt somebodies life. Besides that, she's such a sweet girl! I'm so happy I got a chance to "meet" her. Give a warm welcome to Caitlyn (:
_________________________________________________________________________________


Hey everyone! I’m Caitlyn, a photography major college student who blogs about her daily adventures and other random things over at Enigmatic Ambiance. If you were around me enough, you would know that even though I’m twenty, I often act as if I were five years old. Also, I think I’m fun to be around.

Something that isn’t fun to be around would be cancer. (Woah, I just completely changed the topic right there.)  Cancer is serious business.  About 564,800 Americans are expected to die of cancer this year.  That’s not even counting the rest of the world! I don’t know about you, but that seems like a lot, especially for something that we can help find the cure for.  

Earlier today, my friend mentioned “all of that money going to produce useless things that are going to break in a year or two could be going…to help cure cancer or something.” This is incredibly true.  Is it really necessary to have a new phone released every six months? What was wrong with the older one? Nothing at all. If we gave as much money to help fight cancer as we do to the cell phone market, that would make a huge impact and probably help save many, many lives.


“Why should you care about cancer? I don’t have it.” You might be thinking to yourself. While it’s true YOU may not have cancer, chances are you probably know someone who does.  Somebody very close to me beat skin cancer a few years ago.  I didn’t know that my grandfather had it at the time, because I was young and didn’t understand, but now when I think about it, if I had lost him, my world would be dramatically different.  I wouldn’t wake up in the morning to “Good morning, sunshine!” yelled across the house as I stumble across the house to get my orange juice at noon. I wouldn’t get to smile when I hear his complaints about the government or his weather reports. EVERYTHING would be different if I lost my grandpa.

I hope all of you realize how serious cancer is and how important it is to find a cure. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants to lose a loved one. Especially when there could have been a way to save them.

6 comments:

Simplyheather said...

Caitlyn,

thank you so much for donating! I'm so happy your grandpa is okay now. It's such a scary thing to think about what could have happened. This is my second time reading this and both times your second to last paragraph brought tears to my eyes. I loved reading this, you put it together so nicely. You have amazing writing skills, by the way!!

xoxo Heather

Caitlyn said...

You're so welcome, hun and thank you. I'm glad he's okay too, aside from his old age aches and pains.

It really is very scary to think that he could easily be gone. I don't think about it all that often, but I did while I wrote this post and I'm pretty sure I cried too.

I have a slight obsession with appreciating things and while writing this post, I realized that my grandpa means so much more to me than I would have thought. I don't want to lose him any time soon, but I know it will be inevitable. Just, hopefully when that time comes, it will be because he lived a long, eventful life. Not because he got sick.

Also, thank you for the writing skills compliment! :]

Unknown said...

Such a sweet story. So glad your grandpa recovered Caitlyn. xx

Anonymous said...

Aww Thank God he's doing well now

I wish more people would become more aware of Cancer :(((

-Alani

Janna Renee said...

Wow! I would love to go back to school as a photography major! What a cool degree.

Jill Turner said...

Wow this is a great blog and a really great story to spotlight. Thanks for sharing.

Xo Jill

jillianturner.blogspot.com