Feb 23, 2012

Blog Outlook and Apple Chips!

When I first made this blog, I was all into cooking new recipes. Wow, that was almost a year ago! See..

Get your own free Blogoversary button!

According to this count down thingamajig, in a few more days it WILL be a year. In 2011 when I first started blogging, I was nonstop into blogging. I spent late nights reading blogs and thinking of blog topics, but I always felt bad about it because I wasn't the best blogger. I only posted fifty-something times in all of 2011. It's only February and already I've posted forty something times. Obviously, I've become better in the blogging world. But really, What does it mean to be better in the blogging world? Recently, after almost a year of having a blog, I've realized the whole concept of blogging for yourself. Today is the day I start blogging for myself - no more feeling pressured to write posts that appeal to others. No more with holding my thoughts and feelings because of the thought it will make or break someones opinion of me. From now on I'm going to only blog for me and type up these little posts from my heart <3 now let's begin again. When I first made this blog, I was all into cooking new recipes, I stopped for a while just like I stopped being a so called good blogger. On my 101 in 1001 one of my goals is to make at least 10 new recipes! It's not too difficult to find new recipes thanks to Pinterest! I swear if I were rich and had the time, I would be making everything I see on there. I did make something I saw though...



Can you say apple chips?

I love dried fruit - I recently had dried apples for the first time. There were chunks of them in this apple cranberry Quaker cereal I tried. I went through the whole box picking out the dried apples. I was addicted. There wasn't too many though! So I bought a bag of dried apples and ate the whole bag in two days. My favorite kind of dried fruit would probably be bananas! So yummy. When I saw these apple chips, I had to re-pin. I wrote down and bought the ingredients to make these! There's only four things you need to make these...  
  • Two apples of your choice.
  • Two tsp of sugar
  • Two tsp of cinnamon 
  • Canola oil spray
Here's a picture of my apple chips in the making - They ended up being really good so I totally recommend, of course!



1. ) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
2. ) Thinly slice your apples. If you don't own a mandoline (like I don't), use a sharp knife (like I did)
3. ) Arrange the apples on the baking sheet. Space apart evenly. Spray with cooking spray.
4. ) Combine the sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl - put mixture into a sieve and sprinkle evenly on your apple slices.
5. ) Bake the apples for about two hours or until dry and crisp.
6. ) Remove from the oven and let cool completely before putting them into a sealed container for three days!!


2 comments:

Brittany said...

Good for you! Congrats on almost reaching the one year mark. My one year is coming up at the end of March! I often feel the same way about am I "blogging good enough" I like all the things you said because it really is my blog and I need to write about the things I want to share! Thanks for sharing!

I do have a question, how did you get so many followers? Did you just go blog to blog and promote yours or did they just show up?

Have a great day! :)

MonicaLeeBlog said...

Aww happy almost blogiversary! :] And that's awesome that you're blogging for yourself and not for others, I always catch myself erasing something because I dont want people to think differently of me but then I'm like "okay this is for me, not anyone else" So I'm definitely with you on that! You wanna go ahead and send some of those apple chips my way?? :]